Monday 17 March 2014

Octavio Paz, a cut from "Sunstone", free translation to Bahasa

I follow my raving, rooms, streets,
I grope my way through corridors of time,
I climb and descend its stairs, I touch
its walls and do not move, I go back
to where I began, I search for your face,
I walk through the streets of myself
under an ageless sun, and by my side
you walk like a tree, you walk like a river,
and talk to me like the course of a river,
you grow like wheat between my hands,
you throb like a squirrel between my hands,
you fly like a thousand birds, and your laugh
is like the spray of the sea, your head
is a star between my hands, the world
grows green again when you smile,
eating an orange,

Aku ikuti celotehku, kamar-kamar, jalanan,
Aku meraba-raba melalui koridor-koridor waktu,
Aku panjat dan turuni tetangga itu, aku sentuh
Tembok itu tidak bergerak, aku kembali
Dimana aku memulai, aku mencari cari wajahmu,
Aku melantur dijalanan sendiri,
Dibawah matahari yang kekal, dan disampingku
Kau berjalan seperti pohon, seperti sungai,
Diantara tanganku kau tumbuh seperti gandum,
Diantara tanganku kau berderu seperti tupai,
Kau terbang seperti ribuan burung, dan tawamu
Seperti semburan laut, kepalamu
Adalah bintang pada tetanganku, dunia
Kembali hijau pada senyummu,

Memakan merah.

-FG

No comments:

Post a Comment